“IT’S THE MOST, MOST STRESSFUL TIIIIIIME…OF THE YEAR!”
It doesn’t quite have the same ring to it as the original song, but it’s still true.
Our stress levels skyrocket during the holiday season — which is ironic since the holidays are supposed to be a time for celebration, gift-giving, and hanging out with your loved ones.
But the devil is in the details. You’ve gotta prepare for the holidays in order to make them successful. Enter the stress!
At Essence, we’re all about stress management. And we find that cannabis is a great way to do just that.
Here are four easy ways to manage your holiday stress using cannabis!
1. Need to Create a Holiday Shopping List? Try Sativa!
You need to buy gifts for your family and your friends, but your mind is drawing a blank on what to get them.
Don’t worry! The perfect gift ideas are buried somewhere in your brain, and there are few things in the world that can get the creative juices flowing like Mary Jane.
Dayglow, Jack Herer, Sour Diesel, and Green Crack may just be the perfect Sativa strains you need to fill your brain with awesome ideas!
2. Going Holiday Shopping? Use These Two Strains.
Seven things you need to remember before you go shopping:
- Don’t leave home without your shopping list.
- Or your coupons.
- Or your wallet.
- Or your coat.
- Call ahead of time to make sure the store has the items that you want.
- What else? Oh yeah! If you need help staying energized and focused, Dayglow is an excellent strain for shopping.
- But if you need something that’s a little bit more on the relaxing side but that can still help you brave the holiday shopping gauntlet, you can try a LITTLE bit of Kosher Kush, which we also recommend for daytime pain relief. Don’t consume too much though, or it’ll knock you out!
3. Throwing a Holiday Party? CBD Can Help Lower Your Anxiety.
We love holiday parties! They’re the perfect time to sit back, relax, and have a little fun…
Oh, wait. You’re the one that’s THROWING the party?
Nevermind then. You’ve got invitations to send out, decorations to put up, and food to prepare! To help you power through, we recommend any of the aforementioned strains.
But for those of you dealing with some serious holiday anxiety, it might be best to avoid THC-heavy products and go for something that’s high in CBD like Connor’s Comfort (flower strain), Highly Edible CBD Pucks or Desert Grown Extracts CBD capsules.
4. Feeling Overwhelmed? Find Some “Alone Time” to Decompress
If family and friends are demanding too much of your time, there’s one word that can be a potential game-changer:
You can also try some chamomile or mint tea with a bit of cannabis honey in it. Or any of the CBD products we’ve already mentioned.
Remember: this IS supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year…and it’s okay if you need a little cannabis to help you remember that!