What if you could boost the power and healing potential of your marijuana, find mental clarity and wellbeing…and do it all without spending a dime?
No gimmicks. No special equipment. You don’t even need to leave your house.
You just need to combine marijuana and meditation.
Why Cannabis and Meditation Are a Great Combination
Studies suggest that both marijuana and meditation can effectively treat the following conditions:
- Inflammatory bowel diseases
But If You’ve Never Meditated Before…
Practice meditating for a few weeks, under the guidance of an instructor, before adding marijuana to the mix.
Why? Because the purpose of meditation is to clear your mind of mental and emotional garbage. It helps you become more focused, more confident, and more at peace with yourself.
Combining marijuana and meditation makes that process even more intense than it already is. So start slow. Learn to drive the car first before pressing down on the gas.
What Type of Cannabis Should You Use?
If you’re a beginner, try starting off with a relaxing Indica strain.
10 Steps to Meditating While High
1. Find a room where you can be undisturbed for at least 20 minutes.
2. Sit on a cushion, cross-legged, on the floor. If you prefer using a chair, sit with your back straight and your feet planted on the floor. You can also lie flat on your back with a pillow under your head. Just don’t fall asleep!
3. Place your cannabis close by, along with a clock timer.
4. Set your timer for 10 minutes.
5. Inhale deeply. Hold your breath for a few seconds. Then exhale deeply. Do this a few more times until you feel relaxed.
6. Bring your attention to your feet. Let go of any tension you’re feeling there. Now bring your attention to your lower legs and release the tension there as well. Keep moving up and releasing tension in each section of your body until you reach the top of your head.
7. Bring your attention to your breath, focusing on each inhale and exhale. Don’t try to control your breath. Just observe it. If you lose focus or get distracted by thoughts, calmly bring your attention back to your breath.
8. Once your timer goes off, reach for your cannabis and take your first dose. Set your timer for another 10 minutes.
9. Observe the marijuana high as it enters your body. Notice how it makes you feel and how it changes your breathing. Again, don’t try to control anything. Just observe the high and your body’s reaction to it.
10. When your timer goes off, you can end the session or take another dose and keep going. You may be feeling super relaxed and euphoric at this point, so please take your time to get to your feet!
Combining Cannabis With Yoga
Yoga and cannabis have been used in combination for thousands of years. Yoga also offers some of the same health benefits as mediation, plus a few more. If you’re interested in practicing yoga while high, consider using an energizing Sativa strain!
Have you ever combined cannabis and meditation? How about cannabis and yoga? What were the results? Post your comments on the Essence Facebook page!