While not difficult, there are quite a few steps involved in the procedure. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you streamline the process.
- Make a formal request for a Medical Marijuana Cardholder/Caregiver Registry application. Here is a link to the Department of Health and Human Services Medical Marijuana Registry Request Form. Before you send in the form, you must have it notarized by a Notary Public. Mail the form along with a check for $25 to:Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health
ATTN: Medical Marijuana Division
4150 Technology Way, Suite 104
Carson City, Nevada 89706
- Get a statement from your doctor detailing your condition. You will receive a packet from the NPBH with a Physician’s Statement Form. It must be filled out in its entirety by a licensed physician in Nevada and mailed back to the NPBH within three months.
- Visit the Las Vegas Metro Police Department Fingerprint Bureau or other approved fingerprinting facility and have a full set of your fingerprints taken. This should cost around $25.
- Fill out your registration application.
- Mail your application to the address above. Your completed application packet should include:
- Your application
- Your physician’s statement
- A full set of fingerprints
- A copy of your Nevada driver’s license or ID card
- A $75 registration fee
Once your application is approved and you are accepted into the program, all you have to do is head to the nearest DMV with your paperwork and $25. You will receive a medical marijuana card good for one year.
It has never been easier or less invasive to get your MMJ card – so follow the steps above and you’ll be prepared in no time at all!