Will Cannabis Chocolate Get You “High?”
Yes. Cannabis chocolate, like all edible products that contain THC, will produce psychoactive effects.
If you plan on eating cannabis chocolate, don’t operate any heavy machinery or a motor vehicle while under its influence.
How Much Cannabis Chocolate Should I Eat in Order to Feel the Effects?
- That actually depends on a number of factors, including your weight, metabolism and tolerance level.
- If you’re a first-time user, start with a small dose (8-10 mg of THC).
- One of the advantages of cannabis chocolates is that they’re easy to divide up into doses. Some chocolates are even designed in such a way that you can snap off individual pieces without too much trouble.
- Once you’ve eaten a dose of chocolate, wait up to two hours before eating any more. The effects of the chocolate will usually last for several hours.
Can Cannabis Chocolate Go Bad?
Yes, cannabis chocolate can go bad just like any chocolate product. Check your packaging to see if there’s an expiration date or a “sell-by” date.
As a general rule, dark chocolate tends to last longer than milk chocolate.
How Should I Store My Cannabis Chocolate in Order to Keep it Fresh?
- The ideal storage temperature for chocolate is below 70 degrees. The ideal humidity level is below 55 percent.
- Keep the chocolate in an airtight container. Chocolate has a habit of absorbing the odor of whatever is near it. Plus, oxygen exposure will oxidize the chocolate and degrade the flavor.
- Light affects both the flavor of the chocolate and the potency of the THC. It’s best to wrap the chocolate up and keep it out of sunlight.
- Refrigerating chocolate isn’t ideal because it causes a phenomenon known as “sugar bloom.” This is when the sugar in your chocolate rises to the surface, creating a discolored look.
- However, in high-temperature environments such as Las Vegas, the refrigerator may be your best storage option. If that’s the case, be sure to wrap the chocolate up tightly in order to protect it from light, odor, and moisture.
- Storing your chocolate in the fridge will most likely cause it to harden. If your dosage levels need to be exact, we recommend dividing the entire chocolate into the desired dose servings before storing it in the fridge.
Can You Bring Cannabis Chocolate on to an Airplane?
The short answer is “no.” It’s illegal to travel across state lines with cannabis products.
However, this begs the question of whether or not it’s okay to bring cannabis on to a plane if you’re flying from one city to another in the same state.
The TSA, the federal agency in charge of airport security, views cannabis as an illegal substance under federal law.
According to their website, they won’t necessarily be looking for cannabis when they search your luggage. But if they do come across any cannabis products during a routine search, they will refer the matter to law enforcement.
Where Can I Buy Cannabis Chocolates?
Essence Cannabis Dispensary offers a wide selection of cannabis chocolate products!
If you’re interested in learning about what type of chocolate products we have available, visit our Henderson menu, Tropicana West menu, or Las Vegas Strip menu online.
Once you’re there, select the “Edibles” icon and type “chocolate” into the search bar to narrow down your list of options.