With police out in full force this 4/20 weekend, a safe ride is 100 percent worth the cost — and the two car rideshare giants are taking the edge off by offering discounts for those celebrating/rallying for the cannabis cause in Denver and beyond.
The promotions launch as the Colorado Department of Transportation amps up its efforts to keep stoned drivers off the road. The state agency’s recent survey called The Cannabis Conversation shows some alarming data. Out of 11,000 anonymous marijuana users and non-users:
- 70 percent say they have driven high within the last year
- 27 percent admit they drive high almost daily
- 10 percent of all users think it makes them a better driver
- 69 percent of all respondents know that if you drive high, you can get a DUI
- Out of those non-users polled, 35 percent say they have been a passenger with a driver who is under the influence of marijuana.