St. Patrick’s Day 2020 is right around the corner! And if you’ll be in Las Vegas to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, then there are plenty of festivities to choose from. Wondering what you should do for the holiday? Read on to see our list of the 7 best ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Las Vegas.
The St. Patrick’s Day Weekend at the Fremont Street Experience
The St. Patrick’s Day event at the Fremont Street Experience is a can’t-miss St. Patrick’s Day day in Las Vegas. Every year, downtown Las Vegas goes all out, hosting a multi-day St. Patrick’s Day event with live music, food, drink, and entertainment. This year, the St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at the Fremont Street Experience will be happening for five days, from March 13th to March 17th.
To celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in the Fremont Street Experience is always packed with things to see and do. This year, they’ve lined up 20 bands (including some Irish and Celtic ensembles) that will be playing free live music along Fremont Street during all five days of the event. The Fremont Street Experience will also be hosting some St. Patrick’s Day shows produced exclusively for the event, which will feature singers, dancers, and aerialists. And on St. Patrick’s Day itself, they’re hosting their annual Firefighters Parade, which starts at noon.
In addition to hosting some special events for St. Patrick’s Day, there’s still all the usual fun fare to enjoy at the Fremont Street Experience during the holiday celebration. You can soar on the Slotzilla zipline, head to a casino, watch the light shows, and enjoy some great food and drink. Many of the bars and restaurants on Fremont Street will be offering St. Patrick’s Day specials during the event, so be sure to take advantage of the holiday specials as you enjoy the party atmosphere downtown.
O’Sheas Bloq Party and Parade on the LINQ Promenade
O’Sheas Casino and Pub offers a fun, traditional Irish pub experience all year long. But, of course, they really ramp things up for St. Patrick’s Day! This year, they’re hosting five days of St. Patrick’s Day festivities, starting from March 17th to March 21st.
On St. Patrick’s Day (Tuesday, the 17th), the celebrations at O’Shea’s will kick off with their annual St. Patrick’s Day parade, which starts at noon. The parade will be hosted by a Caesars Entertainment celebrity and Mr. Lucky the Leprechaun, who is the regular host at O’Shea’s. After the parade, they’ll have a toast to start their St. Patrick’s Day party, which will feature free live entertainment, drink specials, beer pong, Irish dancers, party favor giveaways, and table games (so you can see if the luck of the Irish is with you on St. Paddy’s Day!).
After St. Patrick’s Day, the holiday celebrations will continue at O’Shea’s. From March 18th to 21st, they’ll have free live entertainment, beer pong tournaments, drink specials, and table games. So if you want to keep the St. Patrick’s Day party going after the holiday is over, O’Sheas is the place to be.
Celtic Feis Celebration at New York New York
This year, New York will be hosting its annual Celtic Feis Celebration from March 13th to March 17th. On the 13th (the Friday before St. Patrick’s Day), they’ll be holding a parade at 3:00 PM to kick off St. Patrick’s Day weekend! This parade will start at Bliss in The Park and end on the Brooklyn Bridge. After the parade and all through the weekend, they’ll also be offering live entertainment and food and drink specials.
On St. Patrick’s Day itself, New York will be hosting another parade, this time featuring a Traditional Irish Bagpipers. This parade goes from 9:30 AM to 10 AM, and people of all ages are welcome to watch the parade. However, know that after 10 AM, the party starts and the Celtic Feis Celebration becomes a 21 and over the event.
The St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival in Henderson
While it’s not technically in the city of Las Vegas, the St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival in Henderson is just a short drive outside the city, and it’s well worth the drive. This year will be the 54th annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival in Henderson and they’re hosting all their usual fun activities. On Saturday the 14th, they’re hosting a parade at 10 AM, followed by a car show at noon. Then, from the 13th through the 15th, they’ll have entertainment (you can see their schedule here), carnival rides, and plenty of festive food and drink to enjoy.
It’s worth noting that the St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival in Henderson is one of the most family-friendly ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in the Las Vegas area. The only adults-only activity at the festival is their Irish whiskey tasting, and everything else is kid-friendly. So if you’ll be celebrating the holiday with your kids, the St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival in Henderson is an excellent option.
Ri Ra Paddy Fest at Mandalay Bay
Ri Ra is another Irish pub that’s hosting a multi-day St. Patrick’s Day celebration this year. Their 6-day long celebration kicks off on Friday, March 13th with a live performance from The Crooked Jacks, hailing all the way from Ireland. During the six days of the Ri Ra Paddy Fest, The Crooked Jacks will be doing a mini-residency and there will also be performances from Roy Buckley, Craic Haus, and The Black Donnellys. Since they’re an Irish Bar, Ri Ra will, of course, be featuring plenty of food and drink specials throughout their Paddy Fest event, so you can get your fill of Irish fare and pints during the celebration. Also, if you’re a rugby fan, be sure to stop into Ri Ra on Saturday, March 14th, since they’ll be watching the action on the final day of the Six Nations Rugby.
Enjoy St. Patrick’s Day Food and Drink Across Las Vegas
There are always so many St. Patrick’s Day food and drink specials across Las Vegas. Really, if you just explore the Strip or downtown Las Vegas, you’ll find plenty of specials advertised all around the city. But if you’re the type who likes to plan ahead, we’re here to help! Here are some of the restaurants and bars that will be offering St. Patrick’s Day specials this year:
- Buffets Galore: The Buffet at Bellagio, The Buffet at Luxor, and the Firelight Buffet at Sam’s Town Hotel and Gambling Hall will all be featuring special selections of traditional Irish dishes on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Pyramid Cafe at Luxor: Looking to start your St. Patrick’s Day with something sweet? Head over to the Pyramid Cafe to enjoy their seasonal Shamrock Stack, a stack of green pancakes filled with mint chocolate and topped with green whipped cream.
- Beer Park at Paris Las Vegas: Beer Park will, of course, have a great selection of beers on St. Patrick’s Day. But then, they’ve also got some fun food specials for the holiday, including some traditional corned beef and cabbage dishes.
- Dough: Dough will be offering a new flavor for the holiday, the Lucky Cereal Cookie, which features marshmallow cereal pieces.
- Flights: From 9 AM to midnight on St. Patrick’s Day, guests who wear green to Flights can enjoy a $10 Guinness and Jameson shot special.
- The Underground: The Underground speakeasy and distillery at The Mob Museum are offering a number of festive specials for St. Patrick’s Day. Their deals include $8 Irish Coffees, $5 green Ginger Jake shots made with house-made moonshine, and $5 green beer.
- Bailiwick: Bailiwick at The Orleans will serve a menu of St. Patrick’s Day specials that include Irish car bombs and corned beef and cabbage.
- Hennessey’s Tavern: Hennessey’s Tavern will be hosting a Block Party starting the weekend before St. Patrick’s Day. They’ll feature free live music and St. Paddy’s Day food & drink specials during their Block Party event.
- Cabo Wabo Cantina: Heading to a Mexican restaurant on St. Patrick’s Day may not seem very festive. But the menu at Cabo Wabo Cantina will be quite festive since they’re offering some special hybrid Mexican-Irish dishes for St. Patrick’s Day. Cabo Wabo Cantina will also be offering a green beer special and a green frozen margarita special.
Visit Essence and Enjoy St. Patrick’s Day Specials on Cannabis
What better way to celebrate the greenest holiday of the year than by heading to a dispensary? Picking up a bit of high-quality cannabis can help make your St. Patrick’s Day even better!
If you’re in Las Vegas for St. Patrick’s Day and are looking to enhance your holiday experience with some premium-quality cannabis, stop into Essence Dispensary. We have an excellent selection of high-quality cannabis that includes over 50 strains of flower, edibles, vapes, tinctures, and more. And for St. Patrick’s Day 2020, we’re offering an incredible special! On St. Patrick’s Day, select Desert Grown Farms oz is only $99! You can take advantage of this St. Patrick’s Day deal at any of our three Nevada locations, including our location on the Las Vegas Strip. To find the Essence location that’s closest to you, click here.