You’re sore. All over. Literally all over.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, we know the old saying: “No pain, no gain.” But can’t we speed up the recovery process just a little bit? No need to suffer needlessly, right?
Luckily for all of us, CBD can help your pulverized muscles feel a lot better. So in this post, we’ll show you the 8 best CBD products for post-workout recovery.
Why Your Muscles Feel Sore in the First Place
Sore, achy muscles are a pain, pun intended. But the truth is that we need to cause some amount of damage to our
muscle tissue when we’re working out in order to stimulate muscle growth. This short video explains why our muscles get sore and inflamed after a strenuous workout as well as why some muscle inflammation is actually a good thing!
So, yes, we need post-workout muscle inflammation in order to get stronger pecs. But if you’re experiencing acute inflammation — such as swelling that gets worse over time or the experience of pain while resting, it might be time to bring in some pain relief reinforcements.
You could also wind up in a situation when you overdid the workout and are too sore and stiff to perform normal, everyday activities, like reaching for items that are above your head or squatting down for a #2. Not to mention other side effects like nausea and headaches. All of these are potentially good reasons to make use of CBD.
Why Use CBD For Post-Workout Recovery?
CBD acts as a painkiller, anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxant, and it can also relieve nausea. As an added bonus, it’s also a natural, plant-based medicinal compound that works in sync with the body’s endocannabinoid system, and it can help you avoid some of the unpleasant side effects of popular anti-inflammatory medicines (gas, heartburn, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea).
The 8 Best CBD Products for Post-Workout Recovery
1. Flex-All 420
Flex-All is a powerful cannabis-infused topical cream that contains over 320 mg of CBD and 270 mg of THC. Apply Flex-All directly to your sore muscles and joints and just let the THC and CBD take effect. The cannabinoids are absorbed directly into your skin and won’t enter your bloodstream, so you don’t have to worry about getting intoxicated.
Flex-All 420 comes in two types: Regular – which contains menthol and camphor — and Lavender, which contains…lavender, of course!
2. EPC’s CBD Tincture – 1G
On their website, EPC (Experience Premium Cannabis) boasts that they’re the only solventless brand of cannabis concentrate available in Nevada. If you’re buckling under the weight of post-workout pain and nausea, try EPC’s CBD Tincture – 1G.
The “1G’ stands for “1 gram,” meaning that there’s plenty of CBD in this bottle to help you treat some of the worst levels of muscle inflammation and pain. You can take the recommended dose of .5 ml under your tongue and increase the dose if you need to.
3. EPC’s Golden Mylk Ayurvedic Tincture – 1:1
We aren’t done with EPC’s offerings just yet. If you’re both a fitness buff and health/lifestyle buff, you may have already heard of ayurveda. If you haven’t, it’s an ancient Indian medicinal system designed to promote health and well-being, and it’s also the inspiration for this next tincture.
It’s called the Golden Mylk Ayurvedic Tincture – 1:1. It contains 100 mg of THC and 100 mg CBD, so if you can tolerate or even prefer some intoxicating effects, you’ll be good to go. Plus, the tincture contains spices that are considered highly beneficial within the ayurvedic system of medicine: turmeric, black pepper, cinnamon, cardamon, clove bud, ginger, fennel, cassia and nutmeg.
4. Wyld CBD Gummies
Wyld is an Oregon-based company that makes deliciously rich, fruit-flavored gummies, and their hemp-based full-spectrum CBD products are incredible. They come in both 250 mg and 500 mg of CBD. Flavors include:
5. Select CBD Drops
Select CBD Drops combine a CBD-enriched hemp extract with essential oils that can help you achieve the perfect mood after your workout. Flavors like Peppermint and Lemon Ginger will uplift and revitalize you, respectively. Lavender will help relax your mind as well as your muscles. And if you don’t want any flavor at all, just go with Unflavored!
6. Strainz Ratio Tinctures
They’re minty. They taste fresh. They use a proprietary extraction and purification process. And they leverage the healing power of cannabinoids, terpenes, and other phytochemicals to their full advantage.
Strainz Ratio Tinctures offer two distinct ratio blends of THC and CBD that post-workout people should be aware of.
First up is Restore, a 20:1 CBD-THC ratio. Containing 500 mg of CBD and 25 mg of THC, this synergistic combination will help ease your recovery without making you feel baked.
Then there’s Balance, which has a 1:1 CBD-THC ratio. It contains 100 mg of CBD and 100 mg of THC, so if you prefer some THC-based effects, this tincture will give you a nice blend of both cannabinoids.
7. OMG THC’s CBD Espresso Beans
Just saying the name of this product is a mouthful, but if you need chocolate and caffeine to go along with your pain and inflammation relief, it’s the mouthful you need. Each espresso bean contains 3 mg of CBD per bean, so you’ll get a nice boost of energy to keep you moving while you’re recovering.
8. EpiQ Water
Proper hydration is a must after your workout. EpiQ water helps you kill two birds with one stone. First, this alkaline, nutrient-rich water is less acidic than regular tap water and more effective at metabolizing nutrients and eliminating waste. And since it’s also infused with CBD, you’ll reap those anti-pain, anti-inflammation, anti-nausea benefits as well. It’s all about efficiency, people!
4 Tips To Help Speed Up Your Post-Workout Recovery
- Drink plenty of water. You lose a lot of fluids when you exercise. You should drink a decent amount of water before your workout just to stay hydrated, but it’s definitely important to drink plenty of water after you’re done. The importance of water to the human body can’t be overstated, especially when you’re in a place as hot and dry as Las Vegas. We need water to regulate our body temperature, protect our tissue, spinal cord and joints, aid digestion, absorb nutrients, and a whole lot more.
- Eat healthy foods. After a strenuous workout, it’s likely that your “tank” will be close to empty. You’ll need more fuel, not to mention some building blocks to repair your muscles so that they can get stronger. When you’ve finished your workout, try to eat some food within the hour, especially food that’s high in protein and carbohydrates.
- Get plenty of rest and sleep. If you find yourself moving slower than usual throughout the day, don’t force yourself to move faster. Just take it easy. And be sure to get lots of sleep. When you sleep, your body releases massive amounts of human growth hormone, which helps with tissue growth and repair.
- Don’t overtrain. One of the cardinal rules of working out, particularly in strength training, is to not work the same muscle group two days in a row. Make sure you give your muscles adequate time to rest. And if it’s taking you longer than normal to recover, don’t be afraid to take a break from training until you’ve fully recovered. This will help you avoid overextending and injuring yourself in the future.
And that does it for our post on the 8 Best CBD Products for Post-Workout Recovery. If you’re interested in trying these products, visit us at any of our three locations — Las Vegas Strip, Tropicana West, and Henderson — and one of our dispensary consultants can help you out. Be sure to tell them that you’re looking for something that can help you with your post-workout recovery, as they may be able to recommend additional CBD products that are also well-suited for you.
And if you already know what you want, skip the lines by placing an order online for either pickup or delivery!