How to Roll a Joint 7 Mar, 2017
How to Roll a Joint
Rolling a joint is perhaps the most traditional (and iconic) way of consuming cannabis. But, perhaps the best thing about a joint is that it gives you the opportunity to really enjoy the flower’s favor. For this and other reasons, rolling a joint should be a part of every smoker’s repertoire.
Have no idea where to begin? To ensure that your creation burns evenly and smoothly, check out the video and steps below.
What You Will Need to Roll a Joint:
- Good quality cannabis
- Rolling papers
4 Steps to of Getting the Perfect Joint
Step 1: Pulverize the Cannabis
- Place your chosen bud (1/2 gram to 1 gram should be sufficient) on a flat surface and break it down into shake. If it’s been dried well, this should be a relatively easy task.
- Take out your grinder and place broke up pieces of cannabis in the top compartment. Close the lid of the grinder and rotate it several times.
- Once the cannabis has been pulverized, retrieve the cannabis from the bottom.
- Place the cannabis in the joint paper.
Pro Tip: Going Manual
If a grinder is not available, you can pulverize the cannabis with scissors or by hand.
Step 2: Shaping and Forming the Joint
Use your fingers and even out the cannabis so that the size is generally uniform throughout. Grasp the joint paper between your fingertips and roll it backward and forward.
To make a cone joint, simply put more cannabis towards the end of the joint and less as you get to the side that you plan to smoke out of.
Pro Tip: Making A Crutch
A crutch is simply a handmade filter. It’s a small rolled up piece of joint paper that you put on the side that you plan to smoke out of.
- Cut a small, rectangular piece of joint paper, roughly 1/2 an inch by 2-3 inches.
- Grasp one end with your fingertips and roll it widthwise from one side to the other.
- Put the crutch in the joint
Step 3: Rolling the Joint
This is the most important step, as it can make or break your joint’s quality.
- Tuck the paper (the side without the glue) under and begin to roll it.
- Lick one end of the glued side of joint paper and seal it.
- Once it’s stuck, work your way down the rest of the seam by tucking and sealing the joint from one end to the other.
Step 4: Finishing Up
To ensure an even burn, use a pen (or similarly sized and shaped object) to pack the end of the joint. Also, if you’re rolling the joint for later use, twist the tip closed.
Congrats. You just rolled your first joint. Now all you have to do is grab your favorite snacks, put your favorite movie on, place the joint to your mouth and light it. Take a deep inhale and relax.
There a virtually endless ways to roll up a joint, whether big or small. You are literally limited to your own imagination. In fact there are some people that have turned it into art, a type of functional origami. Still, there’s nothing better than the classic variety. Enjoy.
Did you find this guide to be helpful? Share your results in the comments below. We look forward to hearing your thoughts.