8 Cannabis User Friendly Things To Do at Home During COVID-19 25 Mar, 2020
8 Cannabis User Friendly Things To Do at Home During COVID-19
Here in Las Vegas and in numerous cities across the United States, many of us are now staying at home and practicing social distancing in order to help slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. Spending time at home right now is helpful for you and for your community since the new coronavirus is an infectious disease. But, of course, we know that many people may be starting to go a little stir-crazy being cooped up at home.. So to help our readers and customers during this challenging time, we’ve written this handy guide on things to do while you’re staying at home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since we’re a dispensary, this guide also has a green twist: every activity idea in this guide is tailored to cannabis lovers. Read on to see our list of 8 cannabis user-friendly things to do at home during COVID-19.
Try Some Cannabis Recipes
Now is the perfect time to brush up on your cooking skills and try some new recipes, including cannabis-infused recipes. If you just do a quick Google search, you’ll find plenty of delicious, cannabis-infused recipes across the internet. But if you’ve never cooked with cannabis before, we highly recommend starting your cannabis chef journey by making some cannabutter. Cannabutter can help you easily add a touch of cannabis to virtually any recipe. If you’re looking for a great, easy-to-follow cannabutter recipe, check out the one featured in our Cannabis-Infused Thanksgiving Guide.
Visit an Aquarium, Garden, or Museum Virtually
It can be a lot of fun to visit an aquarium, a zoo, or a museum after using cannabis. Your mind can see things differently and experience these serene and intriguing attractions in a whole new way. Right now, you can’t exactly head to an aquarium, a zoo, or a museum in person, since most of them are closed. However, many aquariums, zoos, and museums have now opened up virtual versions of their exhibits that you can explore from home. Here’s a selected list of some exhibits you can explore from the comfort of your couch:
- The San Diego Zoo Exhibits: The San Diego Zoo has live camera feeds of many of their animal habitats on their website, including ones featuring penguins, koalas, and giraffes.
- Zoo Atlanta: With Zoo Atlanta’s popular PandaCam, you can watch their giant pandas 24 hours a day.
- The Louvre: The Louvre currently has virtual versions of three of their world-famous exhibits available for view here.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium: This famous aquarium has over a dozen live feeds, on which you can watch jellyfish, otters, and sharks swim around and enjoy their day.
- Georgia Aquarium: The Georgia Aquarium has numerous underwater cameras live streaming beluga whales, puffins, piranhas, and more.
Read Some Great Books
Often, there are books that we intend to read but just can’t find the time for. But now, there’s plenty of time to read, so you can enjoy catching up on some great books. If you’re interested in learning more about the wonderful world of cannabis while you read, here are a few excellent options:
- The Leafly Guide to Cannabis: Want to know exactly which strains to consume and how to consume them for your ideal effect? The Leafly Guide to Cannabis is an excellent guide that will serve as a useful resource for both novice and expert cannabis consumers, as well as for both recreational marijuana and medical marijuana users.
- Higher Etiquette: This guide takes a practical, yet lighthearted look at cannabis etiquette, helping you make sure you’re being a conscientious cannabis user at dispensaries, dinner parties, and more.
- Bong Appetit: This cannabis cookbook is one of the very best, featuring an array of delicious, creative recipes like cannabis leaf pesto and cannabis-infused raspberry and peach pie.
Explore Marijuana Growing Techniques
Starting an indoor garden is a lovely, relaxing hobby to take up while you’re spending time at home. And if you’re a cannabis user, you may want to think about growing something a bit more useful than flowers or a bonsai tree. Provided it’s legal in your area, growing marijuana indoors is a fantastic hobby that can be fun, fulfilling, and practical. If you’re looking for tips on how to get started growing indoors, Leafly has some excellent ones here. If you’re looking for a more in-depth guide to growing, we highly recommend Ed Rosenthal’s Marijuana Grower’s Handbook.
Watch Movies and Catch Up on Shows
Watching movies and TV shows is a wonderful way to relax, unwind, and just enjoy yourself after indulging in your favorite strain at home. And now is the perfect time to really lean into catching up on any movies or TV shows you might have missed. Now is also a fantastic time to watch some new releases. Several movies that were going to be in theaters within the next few weeks are now headed straight to digital release so that people can watch them from the comfort of their homes. And some movies that were going to be released on streaming services in several months have now been fast-tracked for home viewing. Here are a handful of the new releases you can check out in the coming weeks:
- Bloodshot: The new Vin Diesel movie “Bloodshot,” which was in theaters for one weekend, has been fast-tracked for digital release, now coming out digitally on March 24.
- Onward: Pixar’s new animated film “Onward” skipped its theatrical release and was instead released on March 20 for digital purchase. It’s also coming to the Disney+ streaming service on April 3.
- The Way Back: The new, critically-acclaimed Ben Affleck film “The Way Back,” just released in theaters on March 6, will be available digitally on March 24.
- Birds of Prey: This superhero movie, which focuses on DC Comics villain Harley Quinn, is now coming to digital early on March 24.
- The Hunt: This horror-thiller is a just-released movie that had its time in theaters cut short. It’s now available for digital download on a variety of on-demand platforms.
- The Gentlemen: This new crime film from Guy Ritchie is skipping its theatrical release and going straight to digital on March 24.
Work Out at Home
It’s critical to remember to stay active when you’re spending all your time at home since regular exercise is so important for your physical and mental health. Luckily, there are many workouts you can do at home, even if you don’t have much exercise equipment. If you’re not used to working out at home, look up some YouTube videos or fitness class streams that you can follow along with. Some good options that don’t require much (or any) equipment are yoga and strength exercises that use your body weight.
For those who like to use cannabis before they work out, yoga would be our top at-home fitness recommendation. Yoga is a wonderful, light type of exercise that combines both physical and mental elements, and it can be particularly refreshing and relaxing after using cannabis.
Organize Your Closet
Organizing your closet can be very fun if you enjoy an energizing or creativity-boosting strain of cannabis before you get started. So while you’re spending so much time at home, take some time to enjoy your favorite uplifting strain, put on some music you love, and go through your closet to organize the things you want to keep. This activity is one that will help you be productive while at home, and it can also be stress-relieving in the long run. Having a cleaner, more organized space can help you feel calmer and reduce the subconscious anxiety that’s caused by chaotic clutter.
Explore Your Creativity
Doing something creative is always a good use of your time. So while you’re spending time at home, get those creative juices flowing. Let yourself indulge in painting, writing, making music, or whatever creative activity you love the most. And if you want to take your creativity to new heights, consider trying a creativity-boosting strain before you get started. Cannabis can help you think about things differently than you usually do, opening up new possibilities and helping you explore your ideas from new angles.
We hope this guide has been helpful as you look for ways to stay relaxed and positive during this challenging time. Social distancing and home quarantine can be very difficult, but hopefully some of the ideas we outlined above will make your time at home a little bit more enjoyable. If the current situation has you feeling especially stressed or anxious, we encourage you to also check out the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations on how to reduce coronavirus-related anxiety, which you can find at CDC.gov.
A Note For Essence Customers: Due to the ongoing situation, please note that our physical dispensary locations are currently closed, including for pick up orders. However, we are still open for deliveries and we deliver our premium quality cannabis across many parts of the Las Vegas area. To make an order for delivery or to learn more about our current delivery status, visit our delivery page, which includes up-to-date information on our delivery capabilities and additional information, such as answers to our delivery FAQs.