Super Lemon Haze is easily one of the most popular citrusy strains. This impressively aromatic strain is beloved by stoners across the world and is even an award-winner, having won the Cannabis Cup twice. But what makes it so super? Why is this hazy lemon strain so celebrated? Below, we’re taking a closer look at the many things that make Super Lemon Haze stand out from the crowd!
Everything You Need to Know About Super Lemon Haze: Strain Profile
Overview and Background
Type: Sativa-dominant Hybrid Strain
THC Content: 19.33%
CBD Content: 0.21%
CBN Content: 1.15%
Reported Effects: Energized, Euphoric, Happy
Super Lemon Haze is a Sativa-dominant hybrid that was created by Green House Seeds, a Netherlands-based cultivator. To create it, Green House Seeds mixed two other popular strains: Lemon Skunk and Super Silver Haze. It is 70% Sativa and 30% Indica, and users say that this strain is energizing and provides a euphoric effect. This strain is popular for its effects, yet it is perhaps even more popular because of its lovely, and quite potent, smell and taste. This strain smells incredibly lemony, then also features unique notes of tartness and hazy spice. Then, the taste of it is often compared to the candy Lemonheads.
The buds of this strain can grow in all shapes and sizes and can be loosely structured or dense. But one thing always remains the same with Super Lemon Haze: the strain’s beautiful coloring. This strain features sugary, crystalline buds and bright orange-yellow pistils.
The genetics of one of Super Lemon Haze’s ancestors, Lemon Skunk, dominate this strain’s smell. It is delightfully, potently lemony. But then, there are also complex notes within this strain’s fragrance. It also has notes of sweetness, spiciness, and earthiness.
The unique terpene profile in Super Lemon Haze is responsible for its irresistible aroma. According to Leafly, the top four terpenes in it are terpinolene, myrcene, caryophyllene, and ocimene.
The most dominant terpene in this strain is terpinolene, a terpene with a complex aroma. Terpinolene has fruity, piney, floral, herbal, and citrus notes. Terpinolene-dominant strains are actually fairly rare. This terpene is found in many strains, but usually only in small amounts. Some other notable strains that are terpinolene dominant include Orange Cookies and Jack Herer.
The second most prevalent terpene is myrcene, a terpene that is both fruity and earthy. Then, the third most dominant terpene is caryophyllene, a spicy and deep terpene. Lastly, the fourth most prevalent terpene is ocimene, a herbaceous, earthy, and citrusy terpene that adds the distinctive depth.
Like its smell, the flavor is multifaceted. Many people compare the taste of this strain to Lemonheads, the sweet yet slightly sour lemon candy. But in addition to having a sweet lemony taste, it has a lovely, spicy, and deep taste comparable to the taste of cloves.
Users of Super Lemon Haze say that this Sativa-dominant hybrid strain is particularly energizing. Stoners who have tried it say that this strain can make you feel happy, motivated, lively, creative, and ready to take on your day. Users of this strain also say that, simultaneously, it is relaxing, but not so relaxing that it makes you feel sleepy or couch-locked.
This strain is one of the most awarded cannabis strains. It’s a two-time first-place winner of the High Times Cannabis Cup, taking the top prize two years in a row. But that’s not the only award this strain has received! Here’s a list of awards:
- 1st Place at High Times Cannabis Cup (2008)
- 1st Place at High Times Cannabis Cup (2009)
- 2nd Place at High Times Cannabis Cup (2010)
- 1st Place at IC 420 Grower’s Cup (2010)
- 2nd Place Indoor Hydro Cup at the Spannabis Champions Cup (2011)
- 1st Place at Seattle Medical Cup (2012)
- 2nd Place at ExpoGrow (2012)
- 1st Place at ExpoGrow (2013
Super Lemon Haze’s Lineage
It makes sense that Super Lemon Haze turned out to be a popular strain since it combines the best of both worlds from its popular parent strains, Lemon Skunk and Super Silver Haze.
About Lemon Skunk
Lemon Skunk is a hybrid strain that was specifically developed by DNA Genetics to combat depression and stress. This strain features an uplifting skunky and citrusy flavor and users say that it provides a happy, energetic feeling (which is also what users of this strain report).
About Super Silver Haze
Super Silver Haze is a Sativa strain that has won numerous awards, just like Super Lemon Haze. Super Silver Haze is a three-time first prize winner of the High Times Cannabis Cup. This strain is celebrated for its reported energetic effects and its long-lasting body high.
Ways to Enjoy Super Lemon Haze
This strain is a very popular strain, which means there are many cannabis products derived from it. Below, we’ll take a closer look at a few ways you can enjoy it.
Super Lemon Haze Flower
If the flower is your favorite way to use cannabis, keep things simple and try this strain in its pure flower form. At Essence, we carry Super Lemon Haze flower grown by celebrated local cultivators, like the Super Lemon Haze flower grown by Nevada-based premium cannabis cultivator Kiff.
Want to get a touch of Super Lemon Haze’s uplifting effects and amazing flavor in a convenient vape format? Try KYND’s Super Lemon Haze Disposable Vape Pen or Lucid’s Super Lemon Haze Disposable Vape Pen.
Strains You Might Like if You Like Super Lemon Haze
If you already know that you like Super Lemon Haze but want to try something new, here are some strains that you might like if you enjoy Super Lemon Haze! If you don’t see something that sparks your interest on our list, know that you can always stop into Essence to ask for a personalized recommendation.
- Lemon Meringue #2: This Sativa-dominant hybrid strain is a cross between Lemon Skunk and Cookies and Cream. It features a lovely aroma that is a mix of lemon, earthiness, nuttiness, and spiciness.
- Dayglow: From local cultivator Desert Grown Farms, Dayglow is a Sativa strain that has citrus, floral, and herbal notes.
- Desert Sunrise: This Sativa strain (which actually feels more like an Indica) has a lovely, strong fragrance. When you try Desert Sunrise, you’ll notice notes of citrus, oranges, and earthiness.
- Strawberry Lemonade: Strawberry Lemonade is a hybrid strain that’s a cross between Strawberry Cough and Lemon OG. This award-winning strain is deliciously fruity, citrusy, sweet, and pungent.
- Orange Cookies: Orange Cookies is a hybrid strain that is a cross between Orange Juice and Girl Scout Cookies. The combination of these two already delicious strains gives Orange Cookies a citrusy, floral, fruity, and sweet aroma.
- Jack Herer: Jack Herer is a legendary Sativa strain that was specifically created in the hopes of creating a strain that could blend awesome cerebral effects with the heavy resin production of an Indica. Users of Jack Herer might say that the cultivators of Jack Herer achieved their goal since cannabis users often say that Jack Herer is a favorite for boosting energy and creativity.
- Pure Haze: This celebrated strain is a cross between two other strains we’ve mentioned in this post: Jack Herer and Super Silver Haze. Users of Pure Haze say that it’s one of the best strains for morning and daytime use since it boosts both energy and creativity.
- Sour Diesel: Sour Diesel is a very popular cannabis strain that has been in demand for decades. Users of Sour Diesel say that this Sativa-dominant strain is excellent for boosting energy, combatting fatigue, and increasing creativity.
Is Super Lemon Haze Right For You?
Wondering if it is the perfect strain for you? People who have tried it say that it’s invigorating and energizing, so if that’s what you’re looking for, it may be the perfect strain for you! But if you’re unsure about trying it, stop into an Essence Dispensary location and chat with one of our knowledgeable employees. A member of our team can tell you more about Super Lemon Haze, learn more about your goals for your cannabis experience, and help match you with a strain you’ll love!