St. Patty’s Day is coming to Las Vegas!
Where are YOU going to be?
Obviously, you’ll be here with us and the rest of the cool people.
But if you’re not cool, you can still come. This is Vegas. We don’t discriminate.
There’s lots of stuff planned for this weekend. Celebrations and live music and drink specials and whatnot.
We’ll get to all that in two shakes of a cloverleaf.
But before we do, here are some safety tips you should keep in mind so that you can have a fun AND safe St. Patrick’s Day weekend:
- Go out with a drinking buddy/buddies – It’s never fun drinking alone unless you’re one of those cool, strong, silent types. And even cool, strong, silent types need someone watching their back to make sure they get home in one piece. There’s safety in numbers, people. So buddy up!
- Stay hydrated and eat plenty of food – Hangovers suck, but you can mitigate some of the damage by drinking lots of water and not drinking on an empty stomach. Drink a glass of water after every alcoholic drink you imbibe. And chow down on proteins and fats before and during your drinking sessions.
- Don’t leave your drink unattended – Even if you think you’ll be back real quick, don’t ever take your eyes off your drink. You don’t want to make it easy for someone to put something in it without you noticing.
- Don’t drink and drive – Use a rideshare service like Uber or Lyft.
- Wear green – Unless you like getting pinched. If so, no judgment. If not, put on a green hat or sweater or pin to protect your delicate flesh from St. Patrick’s Day do-gooders who don’t know how to keep their mitts to themselves.
Now that we’ve gotten the safety tips out of the way, here are the 7 best ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day weekend in Las Vegas!
1. St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at the Fremont Street Experience
Every year, downtown Las Vegas goes all out for St. Patrick’s Day.
Their St. Patrick’s Day Weekend celebration runs from Thursday, March 14 through Sunday, March 17 and will feature 18 bands and over 40 hours of live performances.
At noon at St. Patrick’s Day, there will be the annual Las Vegas Firefighters Benefit Association St. Patrick’s Day March, where you’ll see firefighters from all over the country and bagpipers (you’re going to be seeing a LOT of bagpipers this weekend) march down Fremont Street.
And while you’re in the neighborhood, be sure to visit the D, Golden Nugget, Fremont, Binion’s, Four Queens, Golden Gate, The Cal and Main Street to scarf down some downtown restaurant fare, take advantage of their St. Patty’s Day drink specials or visit the gambling floor to see if the “luck of the Irish” is smiling down on you.
2. O’Shea’s Pub Block Party at the LINQ Promenade
Block party at O’Shea’s!!! Who’s coming?
Here’s what’s going down:
Friday, March 15 – the Irish folk band Darby O’Gill will be performing at the The LINQ Promenade’s fountain stage from 5 to 8 pm.
Saturday, March 16 – Bagpiping action at the LINQ Promenade, starting at 3 pm. Then the ’90s experience band, Empire Records, will play the fountain stage from 6 to 9 pm.
Sunday, March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day! The festivities begin with a 12 pm parade at The LINQ Promenade. Drummers, bagpipers, celebrity guests, stilt walkers and Irish dancers will march down to O’Shea’s Casino, with the whole thing culminating in a St. Patrick’s Day toast by Mr. Lucky.
(Who’s Mr. Lucky, you ask? Why, he’s a leprechaun. Seriously. That’s what they told us.)
And after that? Live entertainment, music, beer pong, and drink specials until 10 pm.
Speaking of drink specials:
- Inside O’Sheas Casino, you can enjoy $6 pints of Guinness, Coors Light, Miller Lite, Heineken, green beer, and $8 shots of Jameson, plus live music till 4 am.
Also, the High Roller observation wheel will turn green every night from Friday to Sunday. How cool is that?
3. Tom’s Urban at the New York – New York
Tom’s Urban, the ever-popular the dining-and-drinking establishment inside the New York – New York is having a Shamrock Swish special all month long:
For a limited time, they’ll be offering “fish and chips” (plus coleslaw and malt vinegar) for $17.99, as well as the following drink specials:
“Bucket ‘o Buds”: 5 Buds or Bud Lights for $30
Irish Coffee (coffee, cream, and Irish whiskey): $7
Irish Hammer: (Jack Daniels, Irish Mist, and Baileys Shot Cocktail): $6
Guiness & Slammer: Guiness is $7, plus slammer (whiskey and Irish cream) is $5
4. Celtic Feis Celebrations
While you’re at the New York – New York, be sure not to miss the Celtic Feis Celebration, which takes place from March 15-17.
There’ll be parades, live entertainment, and food + drink specials throughout the weekend. Check out this link for more details.
5. St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival in Henderson
Las Vegas isn’t the only city in these here parts that’s celebrating St. Patrick’s Day.
Henderson has its own plans for the weekend, starting with their St. Patrick’s Day carnival on Friday, March 15, which you can get into for free, followed by a parade on Saturday at 10 am.
What’s great about the Henderson celebration is that you can bring your kids with you to enjoy the games, rides, food, and live entertainment. The only event that’s “strictly for adults” is the whisky-tasting contest.
6. Get a Lucky Charms Shake at Black Tap (inside the Venetian Resort)
Ever had a Lucky Charms Shake?
Is it worth taking a trip to Black Tap at the Venetian to try one?
Emerald vanilla shake. Vanilla-frosted rim with mini-marshmallows, green shamrock icing, topped off with a Lucky Charms Rice Krispy bar, rainbow sour belt ropes, gold chocolate coins, whipped cream, and Lucky Charms.
Of course, no one can be TOLD what a Lucky Charms Shake is.
You have to see it for yourself.
Now…if you’ve decided that you want this dessert but don’t want to feel like a total degenerate, you can order dinner first like a proper human being.
Remember what we said about loading up on fats and protein? The Reuben Burger looks like it’s got all that and more!
7. Take Advantage of Essence’s St. Patrick Day Deals
What better way to celebrate a holiday that’s obsessed with the color green than by stocking up on cannabis?
We get that not everybody likes to drink. And if you’re a non-drinker, cannabis offers an equally enjoyable, intoxicating alternative.
Also, cannabis can help make hangovers less…hangover-y. Try strains like Jack Herer, ACDC, and Sour Tsunami to help alleviate some of that post-celebration pain.
Here are the deals we got for ya:
Thursday, March 14: Get Two Juice Co Half Gram Cartridges for $50 or Four Juice Co Half Gram Cartridges for $90
Sunday, March 17: Spend $50 get a DGF gram for $1, Spend $125 get a DGF eighth for $1
You can take advantage of our St. Patrick’s Day deals at any of our three locations — Las Vegas Strip, Tropicana West, and Henderson.
Want to place an order online for delivery or pick-up? Go here!
HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!!!
Disclaimer: Based on Availability & While Supplies Last. Cannot combine with any other discounts and/or promotions. Management Reserves All Rights. Keep out of reach of children. For use only by adults 21 years of age and older.