Cannabis Edibles for the Christmas Table 4 Dec, 2017
Cannabis Edibles for the Christmas Table
Christmas will be here soon, and this year, why not make it a truly “green” Christmas – one that’s chock-full of cannabis?
In our Thanksgiving post, we showed you how to make cannabis-infused butter, turkey, mashed potatoes, and cranberry and orange relish sauce.
You can use those same recipes on Christmas Day and combine them with these new ones, starting with…
Prime Rib With Cannabis Chimichurri Sauce
(adapted from Munchies, serves 20)
Chimichurri Sauce Ingredients
- 1 quart of parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of red chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 cups of canola oil
- 1 cup of regular olive oil
- 1 cup of cannabis-infused olive oil (for recipe, go here)
Prime Rib Ingredients
- 15 lb. bone-in prime OR choice rib eye, tied with butcher’s twine
- Salt and pepper
Mix all the chimichurri sauce ingredients in a large bowl.
Rub the rib eye with salt and pepper. Leave in the fridge, uncovered, for ten hours or overnight. Remove from fridge and let it sit for two hours before cooking.
Set the oven at 275 degrees. Cook the rib eye for 3-4 hours, or until internal temperature is 110 degrees for rare or 120 degrees for medium-rare. Tent with foil and let it rest for 30-45 minutes.
Remove twine and slice the ribs off along the bone. Slice thin, top with chimichurri sauce, and serve.
Cannabis Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal Cookies
(Adapted from Cannabis Cuisine)
- 10 packets of cinnamon roll instant oatmeal
- 1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of cannabutter
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix butter and sugar in a large bowl and stir until the consistency is creamy. Add two eggs and beat them in. Stir in flour and baking soda.
Add oatmeal packets and 1/4 cup of water. Stir until the dough is mixed evenly. Make small, round balls out of the dough and put them on a greased cookie sheet. Bake in oven for 12 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
Pecannabis Pumpkin Pie
(adapted from The Weedist, serves 8-10)
Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
- 1 uncooked 9” deep dish pie shell
- 1 cup of organic pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
Pecan Topping Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups of pecan halves
- 1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of melted cannabutter
- 1/2 teaspoon of organic pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all the pumpkin pie ingredients in a large bowl.
Once mixed, pour batter into pie shell. After you’ve finished pouring, jiggle and tap the pie crust to get rid of all the air bubbles.
Place pie in oven and let it bake for 20 minutes.
While the pie is baking, mix the melted butter, pecans, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
Remove pie from oven and add a single layer of pecan topping. Place pie back in oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, let it cool, then serve.
If you have your own Christmas cannabis recipe, please share it on the Essence Facebook page.