Cannabis-Infused Butter Recipe 1 Aug, 2018
https://essencevegas.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/cannbis-101-cannabis-infused-butter.jpg 800 800 [email protected] https://essencevegas.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Essence-Cannabis-Dispensary-Logo.png [email protected]2018-08-01 14:26:452019-08-05 13:27:25Cannabis-Infused Butter Recipe
Cannabis-Infused Butter Recipe
If you’re ready to begin cooking with cannabis, learning to make cannabutter is a great place to start!
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup (7-10 grams) of ground cannabis (the amount of cannabis can be increased or decreased, depending on how strong you want the butter to be)
- Slow cooker
- Heat-resistant jar
Step 1: Decarboxylate the Cannabis
In order for the THC in your cannabis to become “activated,” it must be heated at a certain temperature. Otherwise, the THC only exists in an acidic, non-active form called THCA.
The process of turning THCA to THC is called decarboxylation. Here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat your oven to 245 degrees Fahrenheit. Don’t use a temperature much higher than this, or you risk vaporizing the cannabinoids and losing them.
- Grind the cannabis with a hand grinder.
- Place the ground cannabis on a non-stick, oven-safe tray. You can also put down parchment paper on the tray to prevent sticking.
- Place the tray in the oven and let it bake for 30-40 minutes. Mix the buds with a light shake every 10 minutes.
Step 2: Cook the Cannabis Into the Butter
- Set your slow cooker on the “Low” setting. This should be around 160 degrees Fahrenheit but no higher than 200 degrees so that the cannabinoids don’t escape.
- Add butter. Once the butter melts, add the ground cannabis. Stir occasionally, letting it cook for three hours.
- After three hours, turn the heat off and wait for the butter to cool.
Step 3: Strain the Cannabutter Into a Jar
- Put the funnel on top of a jar and cover it with cheesecloth.
- Once the butter has cooled off, pour it over the cheesecloth and allow it to strain through the funnel and into the jar.
- Refrigerate the butter for about two hours. Once the butter has solidified, empty out any liquid that may have settled at the bottom of the jar.
How potent will your cannabutter be? It depends on the percentage of THC in the strain, cooking time, and the temperature at which it was cooked.
To test it, try eating between 1/4 – 1/2 a teaspoon of cannabutter and see how you feel after an hour.