https://cdn.essencevegas.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/cannabis-101-cannabis-cookies.jpg 800 800 Ricardo https://essencevegas.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/logo.png Ricardo2018-12-18 14:14:222019-02-06 14:21:04Cannabis Cookies w/ Dulce de Leche Filling
Buttery cannabis infused cookie sandwich with dulce de leche filling. This is a two part recipe which includes oven and stovetop use.
Step 1 – Making the cookies
1 cup of powdered sugar
1/2 cup toasted walnuts, GROUND
Pinch of Salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup cannabis butter, softened
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
1 3/4 cup unbleached flour
- First blend all dry ingredients (toasted walnuts or pecans grated into a fine powder) a Pinch of Salt, Unbleached Flour, and ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon. Wisk and put aside
- In a separate bowl, mix butter and cannabis butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered Sugar and mix unit light and fluffy and smooth.
- In the bowl with the butter, add the vanilla and stir until blended.
- Next, gradually add the dry ingredients about a 1/3 at a time
- Mix and then the dough should start to feel more solid and at that point start mixing with your hands. Keep adding dry ingredients until completely mixed and form into a tube shape for easy slicing later
- Place on a piece of parchment/wax paper and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees
- Cut 1/8″ slices and bake for 12-14 mins or until lightly brown for a softer cookie, leave in longer for harder cookie.
- Remove from oven and let cook on rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar (Let cook completely, this way the powdered sugar does not melt)
Step 2 – Dulce de Leche Filling
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
14oz can condensed milk
14oz can of evaporated milk
- Add condensed and evaporated milk to a low heat
- Combine baking soda and salt and add to pot STIRING CONSTANTLY
- Add corn syrup and vanilla
- Mix and keep on low heat stirring to avoid burning
- After simmering for a few hours, place in a glass container – After cooling it should have the consistency of caramel
- When both cookie and dulce de leche filling are cool, place filling on one side of cookie and place another cookie on top to sandwich it and enjoy.